Adelaide City Council is encouraging responsible cat management by offering a Reimbursement for Cat Desexing to Adelaide City Council Residents.
To claim the maximum rebate of $55 for female cats and $38 for male cats. The following documents must be provided to apply for the rebate:
1. Rates Notice or if Renting a Lease Agreement or recent Utility Bill in your name for the address - current/most recent
2. Certificate of Desexing from a veterinarian
3. Desexing receipt - clearly clarifying costs incurred
The appropriate documents are submitted with Attachment One - Application for Rebate for Cat Desexing (PDF, 37Kb). Once you have completed the application form forward along with the attached documents to Compliance Services for processing.
If appropriate, and the rebate has not previously been sought for more than the maximum allowed number of cats, a cheque will be drawn and posted to the applicant.
Over the past 5 years the RSPCA has received over a quarter of a million unwanted or abandoned cats or kittens. The problem is multiplying. Desexing will assist to alleviate statistics. the RSPCA has stated that cats benefit from Desexing by a number of ways:
● Living longer
● Healthier lives
● More affectionate better companions
● Less likely to suffer from anti-social behaviour
● It eliminates"heat" cycles in female cats and their efforts to get outside and find a mate
● Male cats are less likely to spray and mark their territory
● They are less inclined to wander, run away or get into fights, in turn reducing injuries such as abscesses or feline AIDS
● Reduces some health problems which are difficult to treat such as uterine ovarian and breast cancer in females and prostate cancer/disorders and testicular cancer in males (less common).