Adopt West End
The Adelaide City Council is encouraging all residents, businesses owners, workers and students in the West End area to take action and clean up the streetscapes.
By working together we can make the area cleaner, safer and more attractive. This will improve business prosperity, increase property values and contribute to better community connections.
“Adopt a piece of the West End” is an initiative of the West End Reference Group, which is made up of local business people, residents and representatives of organisations including the Police and Adelaide West End Association. The initiative is proudly supported by Adelaide City Council.
What can you do to clean up the West End?
● Keep your property clean and presentable
● Pick up street litter (with due care for safety)
● Ensure your bins are brought back in after collection
● Join Council’s Volunteer Graffiti Removal Team
● Look after specific planter boxes
● Encourage your neighbours to help improve your “adopted patch”
● Keep photographic records of the “adopted” area (before and after tidying it up)
● Report hazards (such as broken shop windows, damaged or irrelevant signage, damaged buildings, bins left out on streets, hazardous infrastructure like footpaths, broken street lighting, and dangerous or excessive litter, to the Adelaide City Council on 8203 7203)
Upon registration to participate in the initiative you may receive a Central Market Gift Voucher to show our appreciation for your time and efforts, all applicants will receive a sticker to place on your front window or letterbox to identify you as part of the project.
The Adelaide City Council will keep you updated on the progress of the initiative through quarterly electronic newsletter updates. So you will be able to see the improvements being made in your ‘adopted’ area and be a part of other exciting initiatives and information related to this project.