Draft 2013-14 Business Plan and Budget Consultation
This year’s draft Business Plan and Budget sets out the objectives and projects Council will deliver for the community in 2013-14 and we would to know what you think of it.
As part of this process we are using a new exciting tool called the Budget Allocator. This tool allows you to prioritise the budget according to what you would like to see.
Click here to have your say and to try out the Budget Allocator Tool.
2012-13 Business Plan and Budget
The Adelaide City Council’s 2012-13 Business Plan and Budget sets the City’s direction and priorities for the next 12 months in working towards our commitment to make Adelaide a city of great places for people.
Over the past year, Council has received thousands of great ideas for our City from the people of Adelaide and these ideas have helped to develop our Business Plan and Budget.
Highlights for 2012-13
- Bringing vibrancy to the City by progressing a range of major public realm projects such as the Victoria Square / Tarndanyangga upgrade and the Rundle Mall Master Plan
- Working collaboratively with the State Government and other partners on a range of major City projects, such as Adelaide Oval, the Riverbank precinct, West End place-making and the new hospital
- Encouraging more people to call Adelaide home through such initiatives as the Sturt Street Affordable Housing project
- A new $1 million program building on Splash Adelaide to bring public spaces and laneways to life, and ensure an exciting and broader range of events and activities in a variety of venues across the City and throughout the year
- Helping people to be active by investing in recreation and sports facilities, and support programs
- Creating a bicycle friendly City by delivering $2 million Bicycle Action Plan projects such as new bike lanes, Park Lands cycling networks and bicycle end-of- trip facilities
- Promoting thriving art, culture and creative communities, and vibrant public and street art through funding, support and a dedicated Public Art Program
- Protecting and improving our Park Lands, landscapes, streetscapes, gardens and trees, and developing and activating more community gardens
- Making the city safe and pleasant for pedestrians through the implementation of Integrated Movement Strategy initiatives
- Facilitating and fostering new investment and existing businesses through the provision of advice and support, and working with businesses to contribute to place-making and activation projects
- Delivering Council’s environmental sustainability strategies through such initiatives as the $1.3 million Climate Change Action Initiatives Fund
- Delivering quality services such as City cleansing to ensure the City is presented to an exemplary standard
Full details of the 2012-13 Business Plan and Budget are also available at:
Council’s Customer Centre:
25 Pirie Street, Adelaide
Council’s Library and Community Centres:
- 18 Grote St, Adelaide
- 235 Hutt St, Adelaide
- Ground floor, State Library North Terrace, Adelaide
- North Adelaide Community Centre and Library, 176 Tynte Street, North Adelaide
- South West Community Centre, 171 Sturt Street, Adelaide
- The Box Factory Community Centre, 59 Regent Street South, Adelaide
For further enquiries, please call our Customer Centre on 8203 7203.