Flags & Banners
Adelaide City Council is responsible for the flying of flags and banners in various public locations in the City.
Flag and banner sites are available for temporary hire to the community at large or community groups, for a fee, at designated locations around the City.
Flags and banners designated for hire should be utilised so as to:
● Enhance the City's visual attractiveness, style and sophistication by decorating and enlivening City streets.
● Reinforce the City’s image as the Capital of the Festival State.
● Convey a sense of activity and creativity and promote events that enhance the City’s vibrancy and encourage visitation.
● Reinforce the visual image associated with a major event, activity, or campaign to market the City.
● Convey information about cultural, community, sporting, recreational or tourist events, festivals or major activities.
● Promote the City of Adelaide as a destination for visitation.
How to Apply
To apply, please fill in the application form* and return the application to:
GPO Box 2252, Adelaide SA 5001
* A permit fee of $32 applies to each application.
Along with your application, you must submit:
● Colour scale drawing of the proposed flag or banner, with a brief description of the purpose of the display.
● Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance to the value of $10 million.
If you have any questions regarding permits, please contact:
Adelaide City Council Customer Centre
During business hours 8.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Phone: 8203 7203
Fax: 8203 7575