Adelaide City Council aims to provide excellence in the waste management services it provides to its residents. As of 2003, Adelaide City Council has extended its hard refuse collection service to four collections per year.
When and Where?
The 2013 Hard Rubbish Collection scheduled dates and maps are:
» 2013 Collection Schedule (PDF)
Residents are requested to locate their residential collection dates in the attached calendar. Your hard rubbish must be placed on the verge in front of your property prior to 7am on the designated collection day in your area.
You may wish to consider giving your good quality unwanted items to charity before placing these items on the kerb for hard rubbish collection.
Vinnies (The St Vincent de Paul Society) will receive your unwanted goods and pass them on to needy families. Alternatively, they will sell them cheaply, with funds going to support disadvantaged people in our community. Click here to find your local Vinnies store to make donations of smaller items, clothing and household goods. For larger household items, please call the Vinnies Donation Line on 8112 8777.
For more details on Vinnies collection and stores, click here.
What can be put out for collection?
Good RubbishResidents are advised that only certain items will be collected by this service. When you are preparing your hard refuse for collection please check the following requirements:
● A maximum of two cubic metres of material will be collected (about one 6x4 trailer filled to the level of normal sides) from each household.
● Individual items should not exceed 50kg.
● Individual items should not be longer than 1.5 metres.
● Prunings, if they are unsuitable to go in the Green Organics Bin (more than 15 cm wide prickly & thorny), should be placed neatly in a row on the verge pointing towards the road but not encroaching on the road.
● All loose material (e.g. contaminated plant material not suitable for the Green Organics Bin) needs to be placed in bags or boxes.
● Old white goods such as stoves, washing machines and refrigerators which do not have to be degassed, will be accepted (but doors must be removed from refrigerators).
What will not be collected?
Bad RubbishItems not acceptable for hard refuse collection are:
● Car bodies
● Waste Oil
Residents are asked to keep their street neat during the collection period by not placing materials on the verge until the designated day for collection in their area and please try not to block the footpath.
Items placed out before or after this date may be regarded as illegal dumping and could result in the issuance of an expiation notice.